The best shoes for standing all day will enable you to work faster and smarter without any risk of developing blisters on your toes. A lot of people think that finding these types of footwear (including the best shoes for nurses) is difficult and time consuming. Well that is not entirely false especially for those that are totally clueless and have no experience with issues like this. On the other hand it can be very simple, less time consuming and very interesting adventure especially if you have the money and know where to look and what to lookout for. But if you are a newbie then there is absolutely nothing to worry about because after perusing this article you will be well vested in the art of shopping around for the most comfortable standing footwear.
In the following paragraphs we will be walking you through a step by step process of how you can shop around and discover the right footwear including what factors to consider as well as where to look for them.
Hush Puppies Men’s Leverage Slip-On
Every man has his own idea of the perfect shoes for work. If yours are made with waterproof leather materials that were built to last, Hush Puppies men’s leverage slip-on might be the mate your sole has long been looking for. With a one-inch heel and an intricately stitched seam, your ensemble will look even more dazzling.
A week after shipment, what I learned to love about these shoes it that they fit comfortably, thanks to the added cushioning not only on the foot, but on the ankle too. So if you want to learn more about these shoes, here are some of the things you need to consider:
- Made with leather
- Climate control comfort for optimum convenience
- Waterproof seam
- Waterproof leather uppers
- With built-in gel pad for comfort
- Thickly-padded interior
- While the shoes are true to its promise in delivering optimum comfort, the width can be an issue for some men who don’t like wide shoes as the measurements total to 12 x 8 x 4 inches. But if the width doesn’t bother you, it’s absolutely a great buy.
Dansko Men’s Wyatt Loafer
Majority of men prefer shoes with leather lining because they offer maximum durability, and this is why Dansko Men’s Wyatt Loafer perfectly suits your professional style because it’s very foot friendly. So if you are looking for working shoes, this pair is a must-buy.
After I got the shoes, it really felt good on my feet. It’s the most comfy shoes I’ve ever bought. It doesn’t only take care of my feet, but it also offers excellent support to my ankles. It is very useful because it has a longer life span than the other shoes I have tried before. So if you also want to purchase these shoes, here are some benefits you may want to consider:
- Made with leather
- Outsole is made up of rubber material
- Insole is made up of cushioned materials
- Has a fabric lining
- Copes with different climates
- Features Strobel construction that offers optimum flexibility and strength
- Has synthetic surfaces which provides waterproofing
- Some men don’t prefer this kind of shoes for work because of the measurement. But other than this.
Rockport Men’s World Tour Classic Walking Shoe
Whether you’re on a side strip or trail, Rockport Men’s World Tour Classic Walking shoe is the perfect choice. Its foot beds are constructed with three distinct layers and the bottommost layer is highly contoured in the arch and heels, which in turn gives the foot bed integrity and support.
When I received the shoes, I really found them comfortable on my feet. I enjoy using them even when I need to walk long miles. So if you are after comfort and convenience, this pair is a must-buy. I would never regret keeping this pair because it can take me everywhere I want, and it never goes out of style.
- Made up of imported materials
- Has a leather lining
- With built-in padded tongue and collar for comfort
- Features a high density EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) Foot bed
- Has a waterproof line stitching
- While some people are complaining because the bottom inside of the shoes is kind of stiff, I personally think it’s just because of the shoe fit. If you are going to buy the right size, you won’t have problems with the comfort these shoes provide.
Crocs Men’s Santa Cruz 2 Luxe Loafer
Crocs Men’s Santa Cruz 2 Luxe Loafer is more than just beautiful and posh on the outside because it was made with highly durable materials. Whether you are out for a long walk or a client meeting with some of the most important people in the biz, these shoes got your back. It is comfortable, lightweight and non-marking. Plus, it prevents bad odors from your feet.
I really love these shoes as they are everything I would ever need in a pair. If you are looking for working shoes that can also go well with your casual attire, these are the shoes you must not dare miss.
I suffered from wide feet issues but thanks to Crocs, I already found the solution. It’s like walking with pillow-strapped interior soles. Indeed, this pair is really worth your money.
- Has more refined appearance
- Has the softest foot bed which provides comfort
- Features sink-in softness, because of flexible Croslite material
- Has relaxed canvass fabric and uppers
- Waterproof seam
- Because of misuse, some had ended up peeling up the material inside. But if you are going to take good care of your shoes, you won’t have problems with its durability.
Skechers for Work Men’s 77046 Cottonwood Goddard Twin Gore Slip On
Skechers for Work Men’s 77046 Cottonwood Slip On was made to meet every man’s needs. Aside from looking sleek and elegant, they’re very comfortable as well. They’re the perfect formal shoes because they provide great support. Indeed, they can be your feet’s greatest companion as you face the challenges in your workplace.
Other than the fast delivery, what I really admired about these shoes is that they are worth more than their price. They are stretchable and they have a longer life span. I can use them especially when standing on concrete floors and they perfectly fit my feet, thanks to their great cushion. Plus, they can also be easily slipped on. So when we talk about comfort and aesthetics, these shoes are the pair you must buy.
- Has a leather lining
- Made up of imported and high class materials
- Features a rubber sole which is perforated
- Comfortable fit
- Has air insole to control the moisture
- Has a synthetic sole that incorporates breathable and waterproof membrane
- While these shoes are excellent inside and out, they can be flimsy and loose especially if you won’t buy the right shoe size. But other than that, these shoes are a must-buy for every man.
Clarks Men Natureveldt Oxford
Clarks Natureveldt men’s lace-up shoes can complement any attire. They have cushioned midsoles that provide you optimum support and prevent shock absorption. Furthermore, the outsole is made up of rubber, which makes the pair thicker. With the help of its extra cushioning, you can be sure that your feet are provided with sufficient balance and support.
I have several pairs of shoes at home, but I can say that this is one of my best buys. Its leather is very soft and the insole is very comfortable. I used to have gout problems but after switching to Clarks, I never worried about walking even for extended hours anymore. So if you are looking for comfortable shoes that you can wear anywhere, anytime, these are the shoes you must include in your shoe closet.
- Made with leather
- Built from high quality materials in the USA
- Has a synthetic sole for waterproofing
- Has a molded foot bed which provides comfort
- Features four eyelet-lacing and padded collar
- Some buyers complained about the pain in their toes because the shoes didn’t fit well. But if you’re going to choose the right size for you, you don’t need to worry. You will be able to enjoy the optimum quality the shoes offer.
Rockport Men’s Margin Oxford
Owning a pair of Rockport Men’s Margin Oxford means choosing quality at a low price. Whether you are out to work or to stroll around your favorite restaurants and malls, this pair is your best buy.
Easier to maintain, these shoes can withstand the test of time. The materials that make up the outsole help reduce foot fatigue while the dynamic cushioning inside the EVA foot bed provides a relaxing sensation. Also, the padded tongue and ankle collar offer long lasting comfort, making them the perfect formal shoes.
Personally, I love how these shoes fit my style. More importantly, it has forefoot flexibility that aids in walking. Plus, I noticed that the pressure on my foot was significantly lessened.
- Features full grain leathers
- The outsole provides durable shock absorption
- Has dynamic cushioning
- Heel measures approximately 1.25”
- Waterproof seam
- While there might be issues on the pair’s durability, proper care and maintenance can ensure its longevity.
Propet Men’s Galway Walker Slip-On
Men’s Propet Galway Walker Slip-On provides many benefits to users. Aside from the posh and elegant aesthetics, they’re also the perfect shoes for formal occasions since they are very comfortable to use. The leather uppers are built with lined quarters while the external and internal heel offer firm support. Moreover, the Polyurethane sole keeps the shoes more durable, making this pair a must-buy.
These shoes never fail to turn heads because they were made with full grain leather. But more than this, what I love the most about these shoes is that they never fail to offer ultimate support and comfort to my feet and ankles.
- Extended heel counter for support
- Controls feet odor
- Made up of leather
- Prevents shock absorption
- Hand-sewn, stitched-down construction for flexibility
- Removable cushioned Polio air insole for moisture
- Features dual gore panels at entry and padded collar
- With improper use, the soles can easily break apart. However, if you are knowledgeable on the dos and don’ts of taking care of shoes, this pair can surely be your ultimate sole-mate for the years to come.
ECCO Women’s Babett Slip-On Walking Shoe
Made with optimum comfort and convenience in mind, the ECCO Women’s Babett Slip-On Walking Shoe is every woman’s dream come true. Not only is it the pair ideal for work, but it can also guarantee supreme fit and comfort whenever you are out, walking around your favorite park. So if your day doesn’t necessitate high-heeled stilettos and sexy strappy sandals, this pair might be all that you’ll ever need and more. After all, there’s nothing more rewarding than going home with healthy and happy feet.
Plus, it was also made up of 100% leather material, making the shoes a must-buy. So if you are looking for shoes that can complete your wardrobe, it may be time that you try out a pair of these slip-on shoes.
- Made with 100% leather
- Maximum comfort and support
- Ideal for long walks and working hours
- Soft and comfortable interior paddings
- Dimension can be too wide (12 x 8 x 4 inches)
- Heels are too low
Dansko Women’s Tandy Clog
Looking for a pair that’s both posh and ergonomic? Then Dansko Women’s Tandy Clog might be your perfect find. Aside from the classy Mary Jane design of these posh shoes, they also offer maximum comfort, making them the perfect shoes for every occasion.
But aside from the synthetic sole and the leather material, what I love the most about these shoes is that they were built on comfort. No matter where the day takes me, I am confident that my feet are protected since they don’t need to endure low quality interior paddings. Sleek and comfy inside and out, these shoes can really keep me going for long working hours. And yes, let’s not forget how beautiful these shoes are! With this pair on your shoe rack, you can stay confidently beautiful whether you are out to work or to go around your town.
- Made with leather
- Heel: 2 inches; Platform: 0.75 inches
- Classy design
- Ergonomic comfort and convenience
- The Velcro doesn’t fasten tightly at times
Ariat Women’s Sport Clog
Are you looking for sport clogs that were made to love your soles from dusk till dawn? Ariat Women’s Sport Clogs are amongst the best-fitting shoes you can find out in the market. Not only are they the perfect shoes for all occasions, but they also look amazing. Its sleek design spells simplicity, making it easier to pair up with different types of ensemble.
But more than being aesthetically attractive, what I really like about these shoes is their optimum comfort. With heels that are ideal for working women like me, I can go the extra mile, minus the sore feet and ankles. Indeed, there’s no need for a pair of sneaker, thanks to Ariat Women’s Sport Clog which was designed for women like me who love being on the go.
- Made with leather
- Ideal platform and heel size (platform: 0.25 inches; heel: 2 inches)
- Made with Advanced Torque Stability technology
- Soft interior to facilitate comfort
- The heel area can be quite loose
Clarks Women’s Haydn Maize Flat
If you are looking for durable shoes with a feminine vibe, Clarks Women’s Haydn Maize Flat could be your best choice. Its OrthoLite foot bed soft fabric lining and synthetic sole make it a perfect shoe for on-the-go women like you.
I immediately used them the same day I received the pair, and I even went dancing and walking for hours. Surprisingly, I did not feel any discomfort when I was wearing it, thanks to the built-in sole cushion and soft fabric lining. This is quite a comfortable shoe that has no break-in time. If you are interested of purchasing a pair, below are some things to consider:
- Designed with Mary Jane strap, making it feminine
- With built-in OrthoLite foot bed
- With soft fabric lining
- Versatile shoe: It can be worn with skirt, shorts and jeans.
- If you are a first-time buyer, you may be confused when the shoe arrives at your doorsteps because most of their products are one size higher. But this isn’t much of a problem because you can exchange them to get the perfect fit.
Clarks Women’s Haydn Harvest Flat
Not much on the girly side and prefer more sleek-looking shoes? With its lizard grain leather style that creates a high-end look, Clark Women’s Haydn Harvest Flat would look perfect with pants and skirts, making these shoes a must on your collection.
This is one of the most comfortable pair I have because aside from its smooth fabric lining, the shoes has enough toe room, adding up to the ultimate comfort it offers. So do you want to learn more about these shoes? Below are some pros and a bit of cons to consider before getting your own pair:
- Made with 100 percent leather
- With TPR outsole for extra durability and flexibility
- With molded foot bed for light underfoot cushioning
- With comfortable fabric lining
- While other Clarks’ products are proven to be weather-proof, this pair demands a bit of care under extreme weather conditions. But overall, this shoe is definitely one of the customer’s favorites.
Dansko Women’s Abigail Flat
Many professionals look for the perfect shoes. Whether you are a nurse, a teacher, or a waitress, it is important to opt for the pair which offers “all-day comfort”. Similar with the company’s other products, Dansko Women’s Abigail Flats provide excellent arch support and legendary comfort.
These are my favorite Dansko shoes. Aside from the very attractive design, they aren’t quite as clunky and loud as the clogs are. They are lighter in weight in comparison to the typical pairs, making it more attractive. Thinking of buying your own pair? Here are some of the things you need to know:
- Made with leather
- With removable triple-density ethylene vinyl acetate foot bed
- With slip resistant outsole
- With durable and breathable fabric lining
- Built-in with lightweight polyurethane midsole for shock absorption and energy return
- While these shoes are expected to deliver optimum comfort and durability, its sizing and width may be a little problematic especially for those with thin, narrow feet. But still, this is not much of an issue and these shoes are still worth every penny.
Skechers Women’s Career 9 To 5 Slip-On Flat
Design and comfort—that’s what most women look for when shopping for clothes, and this is no different from shoe shopping. We always look for shoes that provide comfort without compromising style, making Skechers Women’s Career 9 to 5 Slip-On Flat a perfect choice especially if you are shopping for shoes ideal for work. It has a relaxed tailored-fit design that leaves feet with more space that allows for more breathability. Not to mention, it also offers comfort and no-slip support.
I wore them right after I unboxed them and they were really nice and perfect for my specific needs. After a few minutes of breaking-in, it felt like I am ready to run a mile. I also didn’t have a problem pairing it with jeans, shorts and even skirts. Thinking of purchasing a pair? Consider these things below:
- Made with both textile and leather
- Stretch Skimmer
- With Tailored Design
- With memory foam foot bed
- Provides a relaxed fit
- It may be a little bit snug, but it’s still comfortable overall. To make the most out of these shoes, I suggest wearing a thicker sock.
Best shoes for Standing all Day: Factors to Consider
Time for shopping – a lot of people are not aware of this simple factor but know it that the period of the day that you choose to do your shoe shopping matters a lot. Choosing the time and day can make or mar you if you don’t choose it right. From our own personal research and studies we have come to the conclusion that the best time to go for shoe shopping is usually towards the evening after you must have done most if not all the things that you planned to do that day. This period is perfect and ideal because your foot must have swollen to its fullest capacity and the shoe you finally end up buying will feel comfy on your toes even when your toes have swollen and increased in size. But people that aren’t aware of this fact and go shopping first thing in the day often times end up buying shoes that they later feel uncomfortable wearing because they choose the wrong pair as a result of choosing the wrong time for their footwear shopping spree.
Insoles: this rule does not apply to everybody. As a matter of fact it only applies to those folks that fancy using insoles with their shoes. So if you are among those that can’t do without having to wear insoles alongside you footwear then you really want to go along to the shoe shop with your insoles and have it on while testing out your new pair of shoes. Why? Because you don’t really want to pay for a new show that fits well at the shop but going back home and testing it with your insole it does not fits again.
Take it for a Spin: buying shoes should be done just like you were buying a car. You see when people buy a new car before making the final payment for it they often take out for a spin to get the feel of it including its performance. So should you do before finally paying for any shoe that catches your fancy. Big shoe stores often have treadmill installed so before you make a final payment put on the shoes and take it for a spin on the mill to get the feel of it on your toes. That way you will have a better insight of how comfy and snug it is.